I woke up early this morning, reached over for my phone to do a little surfing. I think I’m finally convinced that my fb newsfeed is equivalent to other’s ‘Google news balanced by Drudge…daily news.’ Don’t shake your head. When I make Crispy Chicken Legs with Sweet Tomatoes, because my friend Jamie Oliver suggested them, you will surely acknowledge that social media….ain’t all social. There’s great stuff out there.
Here’s the link to this fabulous recipe from Jamie Oliver. Thanks for the tip Jamie (we’re tight like that). This one pot no-fuss meal comes together quickly and requires no attention. The layers of flavor do all the work. Serve this to guests and you’ll be a super star.
- 8 chicken legs
- sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- a good handful of fresh basil, leaves removed
- 2 sprigs fresh lemony thyme
- 8-10 baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 big handful of red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head of garlic, cloves removed
- 1 fresh chili, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken legs with salt & pepper. Arrange in the bottom of a large dutch oven. Nestle potato pieces around chicken, then add sliced tomatoes, basil leaves, lemony thyme, garlic cloves, and chili. Drizzle olive oil over top.
- Bake uncovered for 1½ hours until chicken skin is crispy and meat falls off the bone.
4,588 total views, 2 views today