I may be a touch giddy today. It’s 10:55 am on a Thursday and I’m writing this post in my pj’s, gazing into my living room where the tree is a twinkling, the fire is a blazing, the dog is a napping, the coffee is a brewing, and the rain is a pouring down. And I’m about to make Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies Topped with Sea Salt. Can you see me smiling out loud?
Remember Kitchen Tip #11 ~ Store Bacon in the Freezer. This is exactly why. What if I had discovered this recipe from Knead to Cook and didn’t happen to have bacon on hand? A tragedy, plain and simple.
We left these cookies cooling on the counter, while we set out on an adventure. When we arrived home we had a new family member. Meet Scrappy Thyme.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 6 Tbl. granulated sugar
- 6 Tbl. light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- 4-6 strips of cooked,cooled and crumbled bacon
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, cream softened butter and sugars. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until creamy. Add flour mixture ⅓rd at a time and blend after each addition until mixture is well blended. Mix in chips and bacon by hand.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto sheet and lightly sprinkle the tops with sea salt. Bake 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on rack. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
8,065 total views, 5 views today