The B-52 Cocktail, served in a shot glass, makes me a little crazy. There I said it.
While I don’t promote drinking with reckless abandon, I must admit that in my younger days (and at last year’s Christmas Party)….I enjoyed partaking in shots. Yep, I was that girl.
My first introduction to the B-52 was about 20 years ago. B and I were bellied up to the bar at our local watering hole, Third Coast Grill (which sadly no longer remains). It was a good Friday night, great atmosphere, awesome crowd and I was feeling a little adventurous. I asked my favorite bar tender to make me something fun and different. He delivered a B-52. Oh boy.
I liked it very much. B will remember this night even 20 years later. It was the night I bought everyone at the bar B-52 Cocktails. Needless to say that bar tab was forever etched in our memories. Right along side the B-52.
- ½ - 1 ounce Kahlua
- ½ - 1 ounce Irish Cream Liquor (such as St. Brendan's or Baileys)
- ½ - 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- Add Kahlua to shot glass.
- Then with glass tipped at a 45 degree angle, slowly pour in the Irish Cream, allowing it to run down the inside of the shot glass.
- To keep the Grand Marnier afloat, it's best to use a pouring spout. Again, slightly tip the glass then very, very slowly pour in the Grand Marnier allowing it to run down the inside of the glass.
71,655 total views, 3 views today