The B-52 Cocktail, served in a shot glass, makes me a little crazy. There I said it.
While I don’t promote drinking with reckless abandon, I must admit that in my younger days (and at last year’s Christmas Party)….I enjoyed partaking in shots. Yep, I was that girl.
My first introduction to the B-52 was about 20 years ago. B and I were bellied up to the bar at our local watering hole, Third Coast Grill (which sadly no longer remains). It was a good Friday night, great atmosphere, awesome crowd and I was feeling a little adventurous. I asked my favorite bar tender to make me something fun and different. He delivered a B-52. Oh boy.
I liked it very much. B will remember this night even 20 years later. It was the night I bought everyone at the bar B-52 Cocktails. Needless to say that bar tab was forever etched in our memories. Right along side the B-52.
- ½ - 1 ounce Kahlua
- ½ - 1 ounce Irish Cream Liquor (such as St. Brendan's or Baileys)
- ½ - 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- Add Kahlua to shot glass.
- Then with glass tipped at a 45 degree angle, slowly pour in the Irish Cream, allowing it to run down the inside of the shot glass.
- To keep the Grand Marnier afloat, it's best to use a pouring spout. Again, slightly tip the glass then very, very slowly pour in the Grand Marnier allowing it to run down the inside of the glass.
69,924 total views, 38 views today