Last Sunday, which also happened to be Father’s Day, I became inspired to make Homemade Fresh Tomato Juice. No, this wasn’t a health kick surge or an overachiever moment.
It was, for no other reason than, to deliver a Classic Bloody Mary this day.
Just so happens, when the request came, these veggies were waiting patiently for their time to shine. Some more antsy than others.
I then added our favorite Bloody Mary ingredients….horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce, celery seed, salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon, and….vodka.
Who knew that vodka could be a game changer. I chose the bottle of SKYY, mostly for it’s vibrant color. We are chasing the most captivating pictures after all. Half way through my photo shoot (which I recognize sounds very pretentious….since I’m still on the ‘auto’ setting of my new kick @ss camera)…..there’s a bottle swap.
Apparently the someone favors the Absolute. You choose your favorite or leave it out and enjoy a Virgin Mary. The Fresh Tomato Juice is that star of this show.
- 2 cups fresh tomato juice (see recipe link in post)
- 1 Tbl. prepared horseradish or to taste
- 3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 shakes hot sauce or to taste
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces vodka, optional
- favorite garnish
- In a glass pitcher, combine tomato juice through vodka and whisk to combine. If time permits chill well.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes, top with Bloody Mary mixture. Garnish with favorite fruit or veggies, like lemon slices, celery or carrot.
24,150 total views, 1 views today