Last Sunday, which also happened to be Father’s Day, I became inspired to make Homemade Fresh Tomato Juice. No, this wasn’t a health kick surge or an overachiever moment.
It was, for no other reason than, to deliver a Classic Bloody Mary this day.
Just so happens, when the request came, these veggies were waiting patiently for their time to shine. Some more antsy than others.
I then added our favorite Bloody Mary ingredients….horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce, celery seed, salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon, and….vodka.
Who knew that vodka could be a game changer. I chose the bottle of SKYY, mostly for it’s vibrant color. We are chasing the most captivating pictures after all. Half way through my photo shoot (which I recognize sounds very pretentious….since I’m still on the ‘auto’ setting of my new kick @ss camera)…..there’s a bottle swap.
Apparently the someone favors the Absolute. You choose your favorite or leave it out and enjoy a Virgin Mary. The Fresh Tomato Juice is that star of this show.
- 2 cups fresh tomato juice (see recipe link in post)
- 1 Tbl. prepared horseradish or to taste
- 3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 shakes hot sauce or to taste
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces vodka, optional
- favorite garnish
- In a glass pitcher, combine tomato juice through vodka and whisk to combine. If time permits chill well.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes, top with Bloody Mary mixture. Garnish with favorite fruit or veggies, like lemon slices, celery or carrot.
16,949 total views, 19 views today