When National Oatmeal Month collides with National Buttercrunch Day…the world is a better place. This is my last full day visiting with my family in CT. During coffee & pj time this morning, my sister Sarah and my niece Maya and I came to a unanimous decision. Buttercrunch Ice Cream sandwiched between Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies could quite possibly be phenomenal.
Flash forward, cookies are out of the oven….they are phenomenal.
We tweaked our recipe and came up with the perfect combination of oatmeal and butterscotch and added a pinch of nutmeg for the right nuance of flavors. These Buttercrunch Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches made quite a tasty afternoon snack!!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 Pt. Buttercrunch Ice Cream
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar, then add in egg and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar until blended then gradually work in the oatmeal and chips.
- Roll dough into 4 equal size logs and chill for 10 minutes.
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper. Using a small ice cream scoop, make 12 ice creams balls and return to freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chilled dough into 1 inch thick pieces, flatten slightly and baked on parchment lined baking sheet 9-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Make ice cream sandwiches by placing a frozen ice cream ball in between two cookies. Makes 12 sandwiches.
3,874 total views, 3 views today