Mussels simmered in white wine, garlic and butter, in my opinion, rank right up there with Scallops Wrapped in Bacon. So why would I mess with an absolutely delicious recipe? Rhetorical.
Because Thai Seafood Chowder not only sounds like winning, but the addition of coconut milk, red curry paste and Serrano peppers took comfort to a new level.Jump to Recipe
Do you have any special requests for dinner?” That I might also be able to picture aka blog about.
“Scotch Eggs.” Whoa! Hello and as always, thank you for challenging my foodie skills.
Now that you’ve spoken, I have a few recipes I’d like to test out on you, picture, and evaluate for Lemony Thyme. Then I’ll spin a story about how you requested these and I researched for weeks/months on the best version of each of your requested recipes. You’ll never whisper a word of this.
I joke, I kid. I forced Thai Seafood Chowder into the weekend. God, I was that girl. But they loved it. Even after having Scotch Eggs for brunch, Rosemary Ham & Swiss Savory Bread Pudding for late-lunch, they were sports when I presented an Asian infusion Thai Seafood Chowder.
All my best,
Thai Seafood Chowder
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1-2 Serrano peppers thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 2 Tbl. red curry paste
- 1 14- ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. white fish we used Red Snapper
- 1/2 lb. mussels
- 1/2 lb. sea scallops
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp peeled & deveined
- 8-10 baby red potatoes boiled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Heat sesame oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion and Serrano pepper and sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in minced garlic and ginger; cook an additional minute.
- Stir in curry paste, followed by coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the seafood in order of cooking time. Fish first, then mussels, scallops and lastly shrimp. Stir in cooked potatoes and corn. Simmer until mussels open, shrimp are opaque and fish flakes easily. About 5 minutes.
- Serve in big bowls, garnished with fresh cilantro.