It’s kind of a game at this point to see which twisted dessert can top the last. We’ll call them Adventures in Chocolate! My motivation this time is a special friend and fellow chocolate lover’s birthday. Thank you Recipe Boy for posting these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Oreos. I’m going to follow your lead and post these for a virtual event. Happy Birthday BNP!! I promise to deliver these to you in person tomorrow :)
Remove the tops of Double Stuf Oreos, put a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in between two cream cookie sides, dunk them in milk chocolate, sprinkle with sprinkles, put a candle in one and get ready to sing….Happy Birthday that is!!
And on this first day of Autumn it’s quite appropriate that leaves are tumbling into my post. I’m so ready for you…Autumn Breeze.
- 16 Double Stuf Oreos
- 8 regular-sized Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- 1½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. butter
- Remove tops from 16 Oreos, keeping the cream sides up. You can freeze the 16 tops to use later for an chocolate cookie pie crust.
- Set Oreo half on your work surface (cream side up).
- Top it with a peanut butter cup.
- Set another Oreo half on top of that (cream side down) and gently press together.
- Repeat until you have 8 cookie sandwiches.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in the microwave until smooth.
- Use a fork to dip each sandwich in melted chocolate until completely covered (I'm not sure how people do this without being up to your elbows in chocolate...not that that's a bad thing).
- Gently shake off the dripping chocolate then set each cookie on cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles.
- Refrigerate untl the chocolate is set.
Additional Adventures in Chocolate…
48,528 total views, 6 views today