Fresh Veggie Pancakes with Tomato Salad
Delicious, easy, and oh so satisfying to see a mostly empty veggie drawer just in time for Saturday's Farmers' Market.
Pancake ingredients adjusted according to what's in your fridge…
- 1 small raw zucchini grated
- 1 small raw summer squash grated
- 1 small raw carrot grated
- 1 small jalapeno fine diced
- 3 scallions thin sliced
- 2 ears corn steamed then roasted, cut off cob
- 1 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 small diced tomato
- cilantro leaves
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 Tbl. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
Squeeze all grated ingredients in paper towels to remove excess liquid.
Combine all pancake ingredients and mix well.
Ladle batter into lightly oiled pan and cook pancakes until golden brown on each side.
Drain on paper towels.
Serve topped with a spoonful of tomato salad.