Thai Seafood Chowder
Thai Seafood Chowder is delicious and the addition of coconut milk, red curry paste and Serrano peppers took comfort to a new level.
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1-2 Serrano peppers thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 2 Tbl. red curry paste
- 1 14- ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. white fish we used Red Snapper
- 1/2 lb. mussels
- 1/2 lb. sea scallops
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp peeled & deveined
- 8-10 baby red potatoes boiled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- fresh cilantro to garnish
Heat sesame oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion and Serrano pepper and sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in minced garlic and ginger; cook an additional minute.
Stir in curry paste, followed by coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
Add the seafood in order of cooking time. Fish first, then mussels, scallops and lastly shrimp. Stir in cooked potatoes and corn. Simmer until mussels open, shrimp are opaque and fish flakes easily. About 5 minutes.
Serve in big bowls, garnished with fresh cilantro.