This Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Stromboli recipe could easily be adapted to ingredients already in your fridge and pantry. However the star ingredient and what brings it all together is the puff pastry sheet. I recommend keeping a box in your freezer for just such an occasion.
I combined steamed broccoli & carrots, cooked chicken, and sautéed onion with cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Simply seasoning to taste and you’re ready build your Stromboli.
Puff pastry is folded in thirds, making a great template for this crisscrossed braided method. Simply cut strips into the two outer thirds, leaving the middle uncut. Place a generous amount of the filling down the center, then overlap with the outer pastry strips.
Brush the top of the Stromboli with a beaten egg, then bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
We devoured our Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Stromboli declaring it dinner. However I can definitely see this as a great Game Day snack with endless filling options. I’m already envisioning a Thanksgiving Leftovers Stromboli. You might also like our Sausage, Peppers & Caramelized Onion Stromboli. Have fun with it and let me know how you fill yours.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 cup steamed julienned carrots
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam broccoli and carrots until just fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add in cooked chicken, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar. Stir to combine then gently fold in steamed broccoli and carrots. Season to taste.
- Place puff pastry on parchment lined baking sheet. Cut about 12 strips into the outer thirds of the pastry, leaving center uncut.
- Mound filling down the center of the pastry. Crisscross strips of pastry over filling, overlapping as you go. Brush top of Stromboli with beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
21,670 total views, 1 views today