“We eat with our eyes first.” I’m a believer. One of my most favorite cookbooks is Surreal Gourmet Bites by Bob Blumer. Below are a number of the “showstoppers and conversations starters” that can be found in this gem of a book and on the pages of Lemony Thyme. Today, as a Thanksgiving treat I am making Carrot Cake Shooters kicked up with a little splash of Irish Cream Liqueur.
Fresh carrot juice simmered with classic carrot cake ingredients is liquid love. We’ll be serving these Carrot Cake Shooters as an after dinner cordial…a nice warm up to Shelby’s homemade Pumpkin Pie….yum!!
- 1 Qt. store-bought or homemade fresh carrot juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tbl. pineapple juice
- 2 Tbl. walnut oil (optional)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2-3 oz. Irish Cream Liqueur (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, reduce the carrot juice by half. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients.
- Serve in cordial glasses topped with Irish Cream Liqueur.
6,421 total views, 5 views today